Dr. Bernard Zeeb graduated from Michigan State University’s College of Veterinary Medicine in 1945. At that time he joined Dr. Dunn in a mixed animal practice that was located in what became the Greyhound Bus terminal in downtown Lansing. In 1949 he ventured out on his own and founded The Zeeb Animal Hospital.
The office still bears his name and continues to provide service to the North Lansing community where it is located. The DeWitt office location was purchased in 1972 and was opened as the Zeeb Animal Hospital of DeWitt in March of 1978. The hospital, at its inception, was and still is dedicated to quality, compassionate care of companion animals. Dr. Zeeb operated the practice as a solo doctor until July of 1984.
Since purchasing the Hospital in June of 1986, Dr. Stephen Thimmig has expanded the business considerably. Starting with five staff members in 1986 the team grew to twenty-six members in February 1999. On June 1st, 1998 Three Shears For Pets, attached to the West End of the office, was opened to meet the grooming needs of the community's pets. On August 1st, 1998 Dr. Thimmig renamed the hospital facility "Pet Health Center", and for a future boarding facility registered the name "Pet Bed and Breakfast". The new names more accurately represent the broadened activities of the office.
Recognized as one of the premiere Veterinary facilities in the state, Pet Health Center is proud to take a lead roll in implementing the latest technologies in the field of veterinary medicine. We assume responsibility for treating the community's pets and for educating their owners in total pet wellness. Of greatest importance is the fact that the doctors and Health Care Team members associated with Pet Health Center hold, in highest regard, the relationship pets share with their people.
As of February 2016, in an effort to better care for the needs of the area pets, (and to make it easier on their owners) the office has relocated to a more accessible and updated facility. No more stairs to negotiate, the office is all on one level, the exam rooms are larger and more accommodating and the facility is much brighter. We haven’t gone far, as the new location is can be seen from the old office’s parking lot - it's that close!
The phone numbers and office hours have remained the same just our location has changed. Our new address is: 1120 Commerce Park Drive Suite D; DeWitt, MI 48820. We are now located behind the Burger King and Speed Way gas station in the DeWitt Banquet and Conference Center Suite "D".